Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, Choccywoccydoodah.
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
Processing of your personal data:
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
- We are registered with the ICO under the Data Protection Register, our registration number is:
- Lawful basis: Consent
The reason we use this basis: Is in regards to our email mailing list and use your personal information in to full fill any orders.
We process your information in the following ways:
- Name, address, phone number, email address, billing and shipping address will be used by our mail order studio to help process and full fill your order.
- Your name, shipping address and email address are used to create shipping labels/ tracking number via Royal Mail when processing your online order.
- When consent is given, through a positive opt-in tick box at checkout; your name and email address will be added to our MailChimp mailing list for you to receive our regular newsletter.
Data retention period: We will continue to process your information under this basis until you withdraw consent or it is determined your consent no longer exists.
Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Who on our team has access:
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Customer Service operators, Shop Managers and mail order can access:
- Order information – what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent.
- Customer information – name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
Your individual rights:
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- The right to be informed;
- The right of access;
- The right to rectification;
- The right to erasure;
- The right to restrict processing;
- The right to data portability;
- The right to object; and
- The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Cookies that we use are;
Via embedded YouTube content:
Data security and protection:
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Transparent Privacy Explanations:
We have provided some further explanations about user privacy and the way we use this website to help promote a transparent and honest user privacy methodology.
Email marketing messages & subscription:
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal data” above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS, email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third party service provider of software / applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time. See any marketing messages for instructions on how to unsubscribe or manage your preferences, you can also unsubscribe from all MailChimp lists, by following this link, otherwise contact the EMS provider.
Our EMS provider is; MailChimp. We hold the following information about you within our EMS system;
- Email address
- IP Adress
- Subscription time & date (If opted-in)
We use Google Analytics on our website in order to improve customer experience and as marketing research. It will track your:
- Location (country and town only)
- Your demographic and interests
- Movement through our website
- Any possible purchases
- Items in cart
- Amount of time spent on each page and our site altogether.
- Browsing device and apllication.
The analytics does not collect any personal information such as name, email or I.P address.